How to Create a USI
What is a USI?
As of 1 January 2015, all students must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).Recent legislations state that no certificate or any other qualification can be issued until the Registered Training Organisations have been made aware of your USI.
The USI is a requirement for all students in schools, universities and the vocational education training (VET) sector, and once issued, remains your ‘student number’ for life.
If you have not yet applied for a USI, you will need to do so, and advise us of the number when it has been issued to you.
Applying for a USI
To obtain your USI, follow the steps in the table on the back of this page.
You will need to have one of the following forms of ID:
♦ Drivers licence
♦ Medicare card
♦ Australian passport
♦ Visa (with non-Australian passport for overseas students)
♦ Birth certificate (full Australian birth certificate only)
♦ Certificate of registration by descent
♦ Citizenship certificate, orImmicard
What do I do with my USI?
Once you have confirmation of your USI, make sure to contact us at Rose Training Australia by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact your trainer and email your USI through to them.
If you need to update any of your personal details or change your password, you can do so by logging in to the account that you created during the registration process.
Please advise us of your USI, exact name that you used to register for your USI, and date of birth, so that we can verify it and record it on our system in readiness to issue your qualification.
Creating Your USI
Type usi.gov.au into the URL bar.
1. Click on the box titled ‘Create you USI’ and then click on ‘Continue’.
2. Read the ‘Terms and Conditions’, and click on the box marked ‘I agree to the terms and conditions.’
If you are applying on the behalf of another person, you must also click on the tick box marked ‘I confirm that I have the consent of that individual’.
3. Click on the ‘Next’, and then click on the button ‘Create USI’.
4. Enter your personal details as required, and hit ‘Next’.
5. Read the details to confirm that they are correct and click on ‘Next’.
6. Select your form of ID you wish to use.
7. Follow the prompts and enter the relevant ID numbers.
The system will verify the document details that you have entered.
Once this has been successfully enterred, you will need to set up an account with a password.
8. Choose a password that is at least 9 characters in length.Choose two security questions and type in the answers to each.
9. Your USI will be generated and will be shown on the next screen. It will also be sent to you by they method that you nominated in the previous steps.
For anymore information, please feel welcome to call us on (07) 3038 3048 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for further assistance with your USI.