TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools | Course Outline
By April 1 2019 all training and assessment in VET must only be delivered by persons who have the training and assessment credential specified in Item 2 or Item 3 of Schedule 1.
See Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or its successor or
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, and one of the following
- (i) TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills or its successor or
- (ii) TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills and one of the following
- (iii) TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools or its successor or
- (iv) TAEASS502A Design and develop assessment tools or
- (v) TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools
- A diploma or higher level qualification in adult education
In brief: If you have the TAE40110 but do not have TAELLN411 AND TAEASS502 then you cannot train after April 1, 2019. (Unless you have upgraded to the TAE40116.) While most trainers have already been awarded the TAELLN411, the TAEASS502 is missing from most resumes.
Rose Training Australia offers the TAEASS502 – Design and develop assessment tools in three delivery modes:
- Two days Face to Face (see schedule) $485. After two days of face to face combined with online resources you should have gained the knowledge and skills to complete the assessments for this unit.
- Supported online: $485. Utilising Rose Training Online you will be able to complete this unit at your pace from your location. Trainer support is available for this option.
- RPL: Heavily engaged in assessment development – talk to us about recognition of prior learning for this unit. $350
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to design and to develop assessment tools used to guide the collection of quality evidence, including their application in formative, summative, and recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment.
It applies to experienced practitioners responsible for the development and/or delivery of training and assessment products and services.
Our training is built upon three primary steps:
- Design and development
- Quality checks
TAEASS502 is also a core unit in TAE40116 and is intended to strengthen the understanding of assessment tools and how they are best designed and implemented, with a view to strengthen the overall quality of education and training provided in the VET sector. Learners will be able to use TAEASS502 as credit towards TAE50216.
The TAE40116 is delivered by Rose Training Australia Pty Ltd ABN 55 605 893 810 trading as Rose Training Australia (RTO Code 31939) under a partnering arrangement with Amy Boleszny Pty Ltd trading as Healthy Business Training Academy (HBTA)(RTO Code 30831).