TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes & TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation | Course Outline
By April 1 2019 all training and assessment in VET must only be delivered by persons who have the training and assessment credential specified in Item 2 or Item 3 of Schedule 1.
See Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or its successor or
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, and one of the following
- (i) TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills or its successor or
- (ii) TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills and one of the following
- (iii) TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools or its successor or
- (iv) TAEASS502A Design and develop assessment tools or
- (v) TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools
- A diploma or higher level qualification in adult education
In brief: If you have the TAE40110 but do not have the gap training of TAEASS401 AND TAEASS403 then you cannot train after April 1, 2019. (Unless you have upgraded to the TAE40116.) While most trainers have already been awarded the TAELLN411 and TAEASS502.
Rose Training Australia offers the TAEASS401 – Plan assessment activities and processes & TAEASS403 – Participate in assessment validation in two delivery modes:
- Supported online: $485. Utilising Rose Training Online you will be able to complete this unit at your pace from your location. Trainer support is available for this option..
- RPL: Heavily engaged in assessment development – talk to us about recognition of prior learning for this unit. $485
These units describe the skills and knowledge required to participate in an assessment validation process and the skills and knowledge required to plan the assessment process, including recognition of prior learning (RPL), in a competency-based assessment system.
The unit applies to individuals who teach, train, assess and develop resources
TAEASS401 & TAEASS403 are also core units in TAE40116 and is intended to Plan assessment activities and processes & Participate in assessment validation and how they are best designed and implemented, with a view to strengthen the overall quality of education and training provided in the VET sector.
The TAE40116 is delivered by Rose Training Australia Pty Ltd ABN 55 605 893 810 trading as Rose Training Australia (RTO Code 31939) under a partnering arrangement with Amy Boleszny Pty Ltd trading as Healthy Business Training Academy (HBTA)(RTO Code 30831).