VET Double Diploma | Course outline
An overview of the Diploma of Training Design and Development plus the Diploma of Vocational Education.
The Diploma of Training Design and Development and the Diploma of Vocational Education is delivered by Rose Training Australia Pty Ltd ABN 55 605 893 810 trading as Rose Training Australia Pty Ltd (RTO Code 31939) under a partnering arrangement with Amy Boleszny Pty Ltd trading as Healthy Business Training Academy (HBTA)(RTO Code 30831).
ASQA has set the following conditions for entry into TAE50116:
- Existing trainers and assessors in RTO/TAFE who hold the TAE40110/40116 and at least three years of professional practice
- Existing trainers and assessors who hold a higher-level qualification in adult education with at least three years of professional practice
- Existing trainers and assessors from industry who are required to hold the TAE40110/TAE40116 with at least three years of professional practice
- Industry trainers who hold the following Skill Set may also apply with at least three years of experience: TAESS000003 or TAESS000015 Enterprise trainer and assessor
The Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 clearly indicate, approve and consider compliant the employment of trainers in the vocational education sector who hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment OR a higher qualification.
Rose Training Australia is offering the TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development and TAE50116 – Diploma of Vocational Education and Training. With the right combination of units the achievement of the Diploma of Training Design and Development also results (via credit transfer) in the achievement of the Diploma of Vocational Education and Training. For those with extensive training experience this combination is an alternative to (and also a step up from) the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
While the Certificate IV TAE is the entry level training qualification for trainers with little experience the Diploma should be considered by those who have experience teaching in their field of expertise.
Achieving the two Diplomas has seven key benefits:
- Allows for a broader, more flexible approach to developing teaching skills.
- Allows the diploma student to individualise their study to suit their industry.
- Gives the successful graduate the skills to manage and teach.
- Offers an extensive, thorough grounding in LLN.
- Qualifies the recipient to teach Certificate IV TAE.
- Gives the holder the same training status as someone holding the Certificate IV TAE.
- Gives the holder a thorough grounding in assessment design and development.
The TAE50216 followed by the TAE50116 combination is extremely beneficial for those who deliver accredited, non-accredited or workplace training as it covers high level best practice delivery, learning strategy, resource, program and training needs analysis design and development – in addition to presentation, delivery and literacy and numeracy analysis and research.
The Diplomas enhance your training skills and can assist in your preparation for upper level management. Whether you will be delivering or developing training packages this course is considered an industry essential and should be on the top of your list for professional development.