Becoming a marriage celebrant: assessment tips
Rose Training talks becoming a marriage celebrant and relationship education providers
Karen Rose, Rose Training Australia’s Celebrancy course trainer, is passionate about marriage, family, and making sure everyone’s big day goes as smoothly as possible. Becoming a marriage celebrant is exciting and rewarding; Karen regularly officiates weddings and is grateful for the part she is allowed to play in bringing two people together in such joyous circumstances. She is also grateful for the ability to train and nurture students who want to go on to having their own careers in celebrancy or celebrancy training.
Becoming a marriage celebrant does involve active learning, assessment, and filling out forms. As part of the Certificate IV in Celebrancy course, one of the assessment pieces is to research relationship education providers in your area, and provide details about the services they offer. This assessment will come in handy when you apply for registration as a marriage celebrant, as you will need to supply the same details in your application.
When addressing this question in your application, make sure you have listed at least three providers, and include information about:
- Price – ensure you have included a low-cost option for couples on a budget
- Delivery method – include a variety of delivery methods, for example face-to-face/phone/skype/online
- Type of sessions – classes/small groups/couples/one-on-one
- Course content – ensure that there is an option for a variety of couples’ circumstances. For example, becoming a step-parent/blended families/marrying for the first time. Do not include any services relating to peripheral counseling services, such as alcohol and drug abuse
- Availability – times and days that the courses are available.
By covering all of these areas, you will avoid having your application returned to you for further information. At Rose Training Australia, we want your transition from being a Celebrancy Certificate IV graduate to becoming a marriage celebrant as smooth and streamline as possible. Following the above is just one of the ways we can ensure this, and allow you to gain your qualifications as quickly as possible!
Do you have any questions about becoming a marriage celebrant? Would you like to be part of our next Celebrancy Certificate IV class? Call Jessica Rose, our Business Development Manager and bride-to-be on 3038 3048 or talk to her on Live Chat. We look forward to hearing from you!
Keep updated on Celebrancy news by liking us on Facebook!